Sunday, June 24, 2007

NECC 2007

Well, if you are subscribed to this blog you have already noticed that there has been little action recently, and it's about to change!
Here I am at NECC 2007, in Atlanta. After our plane made a bonus round tour of NYC, we landed safely and perfectly at LaGuardia airport, from where I took a flight to the Atlanta International Airport, and we were half an hour early - I guess took a shortcut, you know up there, in the clouds, good pilots know those paths.
Anyway, it's hot here! Oh boy! And it's freezing AC inside.
Registration is extremely efficient - get there, get a bag with you name tag - done!
And there is wireless - can you imagine? I was on the plane for a few hours, got to the hotel - couldn't connect, and finally - wireless paradise and my MLTI laptop is my good friend.
I am afraid though, unless I decide to wear more comfrotable shoes, my good friend will have to watch my hotel room for me tomorrow. I have decided to dress up for this event, and those blisters I am not sure are worth it.
Although, I got a couple of comments on the way (fairly long way!) to the GWCC, and they made me feel pretty again. It's never too much, would you agree?
So, here are some (stealth) pictures from the registration hall. A lot of people here, not one email workstation available (out of maybe 20), but my good friend here is working for me well.
Ok, give me a sec, need to download the pix from the cell phone, using bluetooth.
Oh, btw, Monica promised to be here, but looking at the enormous sea of people I don't think there is a good chance I wiill just run into her. But then again, remember the Bernie Dodge run-in... :)

1 comment:

Becky Ranks said...

Hi Olga, I subscribed to your blog on Google Reader. It sounds like you are having fun....very hot I am sure. Who are the Digital Storytelling people? I would like that resource for our tech camp.